In general, for life, I’m a “Do-er”. If something sucks, I plan and research and figure out a way to change it. I have never, not been a girl that wanted a lot of things. Not like material things, more like life experiences and family milestones. I have ideas and things I’ve planned for since I was a little girl, when I moved out of my parent’s home, when I finally got healthy, when Lon and I finally found one another, (insert gag reflex here) and especially after becoming a mother. I realize that not everyone has this attitude towards everyday living. I’m super sorry to some of you, to say that I dont work on this, its just in my makeup. Don’t think it’s all sunshine and rainbows though, sometimes this 100 mph internal drive can be straight into a block wall and I really fuck myself up. But in a lot of ways, it serves me well and I’m grateful.
Tonight, I was sprawled out on my family room floor, watching chelsea, wrangling toddlers avoiding bedtime, while taking a quiz for my Stanford (wishing it was USC) online course, and I caught a social media comment asking how the hell I get any sleep and generally “do” my crazy life? So I wrote myself a quick post-it note to share some quotes that hopefully give some people a Monday morning energy BOOST. (Side note: my hubby is a self-taught herbologist who makes me concoctions and brain tonics in addition to my daily overdose of coffee and that fuels me big time!)
Here’s 5 quotes that get me motivated to do shit everytime I read them:
- “Energy and determination conquer all things.” -Benjamin Franklin
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” -Charles R. Swindoll
- The best way to not feel hopeless is to get up and do something. Don’t wait for good things to happen to you. If you go out and make some good things happen, you will fill the world with hope, you will fill yourself with hope.” -Barack Obama
- “The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.” -Walt Disney
- “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” -George Lorimer
I will save those quotes for when I need some motivation!
LikeLiked by 1 person